Sharefax Credit Union is here to help you with your financial goals as you continue to plan or begin to enjoy retirement. Sharefax offers special services for our senior members to help you navigate your financial needs and plans for your future.
Your Sharefax membership provides for all of your personal banking needs with individualized care, low cost loans, member dividends, secure online banking, and great loan rates. We encourage you to take full advantage of these exceptional products and services.
As a Sharefax member, you are one of the owners of the credit union. Your voice is important. Your opinions count. You are eligible to participate in our annual meetings and board elections.
Sharefax Thrive 55+
Members in good standing, age 55 and over can enjoy the following perks:
- First Order of Checks are free.
- Free money orders and Cashier Checks (4 per month)
- Free notary service
- Free Senior Association Membership
- Free Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- And more!
Regular Share Savings
- Joint access available
- Dividends are paid monthly on the daily balance in the account once you have accumulated $50 on deposit.
- Accessibility of a savings account with rates comparable to a certificate.
- A minimum of $10,000 required for higher dividends
- Terms ranging from 3 to 80 months
- Dividends are calculated daily and paid monthly.
- The minimum balance requirements for certificates is $500 unless otherwise stated.
SHAREFAX CERTIFICATE MATCH:
- If you are a “Gold” or “Silver” member and happen to find a higher savings certificate rate at another local financial institution when renewing or purchasing a CD, please ask your Sharefax representative if the credit union will match the rate. Sharefax’s goal is to always offer the best value possible to our members.
- 18 month saving certificate whereby the rate changes with the WSJ Prime Rate.
- 3% less than the Prime Rate and cannot decrease only increase over the term of the certificate.
- If our rates go UP, yours can too!
- Account requirements: This offer is available on 3 year, 4 year, and 5 year savings certificates. Certificates will be opened and interest will accrue as of the date funding is received. The savings certificate is subject to early withdrawal penalties. During the term of this savings certificate, the certificate owner has the option to request a rate adjustment during each 12 month period to the current Sharefax rate being offered for the same term as when purchased. Only one rate bump is permitted during a 12 month period. The rate bump request must be received by mail or email email@example.com.
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Certificate terms ranging from 12 to 60 months.
- Accumulation IRA’s.
Sharefax Mortgage Loans
Home Equity Line of Credit
- No Annual Maintenance Fees
- Variable Rate Line of Credit based on the Wall Street Journal’s Average Banks Prime Rate
- 10 year draw period
- Maximum repayment period of 15 years from the date of the last advance
- Minimum advance of $100
- REG Z
- Designed for homeowners age 62 and older, a reverse mortgage can help you unlock the equity in your home or finance a new home purchase.
Closed End Second Mortgage
- Borrow up to 80% of the appraised value of your home, minus any outstanding mortgages
- Fixed Loan amount
- Fixed Interest rate
- Term of up to 15 years
Sharefax Financial Services (SFS)
Investment & Retirement Planning with LM Kohn
- Helping you position accounts to reflect your needs of growth, income, safety, and long term care.
- Assessing your savings or investments to minimize taxes.
- Matching your investments for your situation.
- Giving you a second opinion of your current savings and investment accounts.
Insurance for Sharefax members
As Sharefax Credit Union member, you have access to a number of insurance products which help protect you, your family, and your assets.
- FREE Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
Educational Seminars for retirees (coming soon)
- Health Care Options
- Estate Planning
New and Used Vehicles
- Guaranteed lowest auto rates in town*
- Save .25%**
- Pre-Approved loans
- Active Military/Veterans
- Copy of current military ID or DD214 (discharge papers) required
- ACH payment option
- Set up ACH payment when completing your loan
- Rate is determined by Beacon Score, amount of down payment, year of vehicle, mileage and term
- Terms of 36 to 84 months
- Includes cars, trucks, demos, and vans
- Free NADA book values available on new & used vehicles
- SCU has over 75 area car dealerships in the area that you can finance on-the-lot.
See the Full List here
We Also Finance:
- Personal watercrafts
- Boats and motors
- New and used truck campers
- Camping trailers
- Travel trailers
- Tractor trailers
Shared Facts Blog
Should I Offer Financial Support to my Adult Child?
My adult child is going through some financial difficulties. I’d love to help them out of this tight spot, but I’m wondering if this is a wise choice. Should I offer financial support to my adult child?
Beware of Debt Relief Scams
High debt can be a beast, taking huge bites out of a household or personal budget and destroying any chance of financial wellness. Unfortunately, scammers know this well, so they target victims with debt relief scams to get at their money.